Eve Sans Complexe

Everybody, including myself was talking about Solange being on the cover of the june/july complex magazine issue. Luckily for us all, that wasn't it and that isn't all. There's a lot more to be found inside. For the lucky few who will be able to buy therefore posses a copy of that magazine, there will be so much more to learn in there. First, expect to see my girl Eve freely expressing herself. She deals with fame, music, her sentimental life and much more. I included a few extracts of her interesting interview for you to have a clue.
"The biggest misconception about female rappers today is that we’re trying to take another person’s light and we’re all competing against each other. I hate drama. If you have a problem with me, let’s talk about it woman to woman. Media pitting female artists against each other is the dumbest thing in the world. I don’t indulge in that shit."
"I’d rather put it out there myself and control it. What surprised me most about fame is how unpleasant it can be. I used to think it was going to be so fun. I got excited about the parties. You don’t anticipate friends being jealous of you and critics giving your music bad reviews. Media and rumors—that stuff hurts."
"I'd rather be known as a tough girl than as a sweetheart. Then I can surprise you. Most people tell me, “You’re so much nicer than I expected you to be!” I’m like, “Did you expect me to walk in here barking?”
"I’m a curious person. It’s gotten me into trouble, but I say, “Why not ? Let’s try it.” My new album is going to shock people because it’s like nothing I’ve done before. Whether people like it or not, artistically I had to do something different. Why pay attention to me if I’m not doing something new?"
"I like to dabble in different things, but music is my first love. It connects to me in a way my side projects don’t because it’s so personal. I write the words. Music is like my diary. It’s my therapy."
Here she is expressing herself...Enjoy

Remain blessed and don't forget to protect yourself while enjoying this wonderful life.
xoxo

CONVERSATION

Fourni par Blogger.